Are you living overseas and would like to contest a Will?
Heckenberg Lawyers are able to help you if you are living overseas and would like to contest a Will.
Our expert Wills and Estates Lawyers understand the difficulties that arise when you live overseas and would like to contest a Will in Australia.
We have successfully helped people living overseas who wish to contest a Will in Australia and need to have confidence in their legal team. Our expert Wills and Estates lawyers provide precise and succinct advice on contesting a Will in Australia. In addition, our expert Wills & Estates lawyers handle all the necessary investigations to support a challenge to the Will including:
- Speaking to witnesses and obtaining statements from them in support of the challenge;
- Collating additional supporting evidence in support of the challenge;
- Drafting the required legal documents; and
- All the other varied details and acts that need to be done to successfully contest a Will in Australia.
If you are living overseas and would like to contest a Will in Australia, you need to be aware that time frames apply to making an application to contest a Will. The best way to ensure that you comply with these time limits is, to engage experienced Australian solicitors, who will ensure that your application to contest a Will does not fail because it is out of time.
If you are considering contesting a Will in Australia whilst living overseas, the first thing that you need to do is speak, or e-mail, our expert Wills and Estates lawyers. After considering the circumstances surrounding the Will they will be able to provide you with the following information in plain english:
- Whether you are able to contest the Will on family provision grounds, undue influence, fraud or testamentary capacity;
- What type of evidence is required to be successful in contesting a Will under the various grounds. For example specialist medical reports for contesting a Will made by someone suffering dementia or handwriting expert reports for contesting a Will that has been forged;
- What type of monetary entitlement you may receive from the Estate in the event the challenge to the Will is successful; and
- Whether you would be required to pay legal fees or whether such fees would be paid out of the Estate.
If you are living overseas and wish to contest a Will in Australia then you need an expert Wills & Estates lawyer in Australia to act on your behalf. Our expert Wills & Estate Lawyers have the experience you need to make your claim successful.
At Heckenberg Lawyers we don’t take our clients’ confidence for granted: we work hard to earn it by providing an efficient, cost effective service which puts your interests first and doesn’t cut corners. We take pride in achieving repeat custom and winning clients by word of mouth recommendation.
If you need advice about a Will or an Estate matter please call 02 9221 2779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an initial consultation with principal lawyer Graeme Heckenberg at our centrally located Sydney offices.